The Eastern Spire
All basic traits (Combat, Faith, Magic and Social) are available as presented on the Pathfinder SRD, while any other traits are allowed with GM approval. The following traits are campaign based, racially based or keyed to regions.
- Scholar of the Spire: Either due to personal experience or simple fascination, the Spire and the history around it has been a focus for you all your life. Gain either Knowledge(History) or Knowledge(Geography) as a class skill, and gain a +1 circumstance bonus whenever the Spire is connected to a check with your selected skill.
- Well Traveled: For trade, exploration, or reasons simply your own, you have been through each of the four Quarters and are reasonably familiar with all of them. Gain Knowledge(Geography) or Knowledge(Local) as a class skill and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to any checks involving your chosen skill.
East-8 Riverlands Campaign Traits
- Lost Nobility: Your family has fallen from grace, through hard times or scandal, and you see this opportunity to become one of the electate as a stepping stone back to greatness. Gain a +1 trait bonus to Knowledge(Nobility) and treat it as a class skill.
- Underworld Connections: You’ve heard whispers from the darker corners of society that the River-Lord is seeking those with connections to Aesis’ political circles, and can think of no better way to get his attention than being in it yourself. Gain a +2 on Knowledge Local, Nobility or Diplomacy when seeking information on the Aesis Underworld.
- Bounty Hunter: While voting rights are a nice perk, you’ve been hired on to get the job done, and that’s that. Gain an addition 150 gold to your starting funds.
- Swampland Surveyour: The lizardfolk, grippli, and things far stranger have lived in the lands beyond city holdings for time immemorial, but you think that there’s still plenty to be gain from the swamps and forgotten glens. Gain +1 to Knowledge: Geography, and treat it as a class skill.
- Curiousity Seeker: Strange things go on in these regions: never before seen monsters, strange and mysterious cults, and vicious humaniod tribes. And you won’t rest until you’ve seen it all! Gain +2 on Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Knowledge: Arcana checks involving mysteries and legends of the Riverlands.
- Traced to the Rise (Aasimar or Tiefling): You come from a renowned bloodline that can track its lineage back to a founder who lived before the creation of the Spire. Gain either Knowledge(Nobility) or Diplomacy as a class skill, and gain +1 to any checks made with your selected skill in the circles of such influential families.
- Of All Feathers (Tengu): You’ve spent a long time dealing with the various Tengu of the East, and are passingly familiar with the region language trends. Reduce the DC to decipher a dialect of Avian other than your native to DC 5.
- Calvary Prodigy (Gnoll): You have proven to be especially talented in the training and handling of the favored mounts of the gnolls. Gain Handle Animal or Ride as a class skill, and gain a +1 to any related checks while dealing with hyenas.
- Knowledge of the Ancients (Kobolds): The legends of the First Progenitors have enticed you since you could first read the tales, and no hidden lore was beyond your reach in your quest for the truth of the world. Gain Knowledge(Arcana) or Knowledge(History) as a class skill and gain a +1 to any roll on a related check.
- Perseverance of Man (Human): You’ve seen the signs, and know that the rise of aasimar and tiefling populations fortell the end of the age of man in the East. But you will not let the legends of man die with you! Gain a +1 bonus to the save of your choosing.
- Traditionalist (Lizardfolk): Despite your unusual choice to explore the outside word, you hold pride in the histories of your tribe, and take no efforts to hide them. Gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge(History) in regards to Lizardfolk, or a +1 to Perform(Oratory).
- Ancestral Memory (Samasaran): Some samasaran claim to draw sharper recollections of their former lives, particularly in times of need. Once per day, you may reroll any one Knowledge, Appraise or Survival check.
- Elemental Opposition(Ifrit, Oread, Sylph, Undine): On occasion, there are clashes between the elemental lords, be they in the planes or between their servants on the mortal plane, and those with such ancestry often prepare for such conflicts. Once per day, an Ifrit, Oread, Sylph or Undine may change their resistance to that of their opposing element for one round.
- Focused Resistance(Suli): Despite having ties to each of the planes, some suli have stronger affinities to one of the four. Once per day, a suli can raise one of their elemental resistances to 10 for one round, in exchange for lowering the other three to zero.
- Bug Hunter(Grippli): Those grippli that live in the outskirts of civilization find large vermin to be a frequent source of food and raw materials for crafting. Gain a +1 on attack and damage rolls against vermin.
- Formian Escapee (Timberlands): Either through luck, skill, or outside assistance, you have escaped from a life of forced labor, but are always watchful for the Formian patrols in the surrounding area seeking escapees. Gain Perception as a class skill and add +1 to any checks made against Formians.
- Flameland Outrider (Flamelands): You have been a member of one of the Flamelands many calvaries, and are as familiar with it’s lands as you are with your saddle. Gain Knowledge(Geography) as a class skill and add a +1 circumstance bonus to any checks made in the Flamelands Quarter.
- Lizard Hunter (Riverlands): You have joined the fight against the surge of lizard-folk that comes with the rain for as long as you’ve lived, and have gained some insight to their tendencies. Gain Survival as a class skill, and gain a +1 to any checks made against lizardfolk.